Friday, July 1, 2011

I'm Back !



Not sure about the name but I think this is North Ave MRT... this
was shot during Signal no. 1 of typhoon Falcon

Pond @Greenbelt Mall

Eastwood Mall

Manila Bay sunset

@Mall of Asia, center should be Pacquiao,
the rest I can't remember, but there's a farmer there
and a nurse
I'm back ! It's been 3 weeks since I had a
decent ride. The 1st week was spent holding
that damned prod support phone and the last
2 weeks were spent in Manila ! :-)
My family and I stayed at the Dusit Thani Hotel
in Makati and although it cost us a pretty penny,
it turned out to be for the best. Typhoon Falcon
landed in Manila during the first few days of our
stay there. This, of course, triggered some flooding
around the area but since we were at posh (ahem)
Makati, we did not see any floods and we just had
to walk around the various malls which are open,
business as usual, even with this typhoon around.

Also, this last visit to Manila I went to lots of
shopping malls. There's Trinoma and SM North Edsa,
Greenhills, Mall of Asia, Landmark, Greenbelt, and
the Gloriettas (there are 5 of them now) ... and last
but definitely not the least... I went to Cartimar !!!!

There are really lots of biking stuff in Cartimar.
Those things that you won't see in SG? They're all
there! ... and the stuff are all priced competitively
as there are lots of bike shops around all within a
stones throw of each other. Most of the bike shops are
literally just next door of each other.

So, when you go there, you better have a list of things
that you really need because if not, you will end up
buying lots of things that you already have in the first
place. Case in point? I just got myself another helmet
hehehehe. Come on, in my defence, the helmet was just
800PHP. How can you go wrong? I even wanted to
buy Exustar shoes ... except that I have bad experience
with them so I didn't.

I also got a set of Camelbak cleaning brushes for ... cleaning
Camelbak bladders. I think this set of brushes cost around
40$ here in SG, but over there it only cost me 450PHP hehehehe.
Thanks to my wife for looking the other way whenever I buy
more bike stuff :-) But this biking thing keeps my BP low,
so it should be good right ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment