Thursday, March 15, 2012

#236 - Frog !



Long ago when I pretended to understand Duran Duran's
song lyrics and I was trying to glean some hidden words
of wisdom in Tears for Fears songs ... Tamiya released
the Frog !

... and so the younger version of me saw the Tamiya Frog
in the then hip VirraMall at GreenHills. It was a sight to
behold! I would rather ogle at the Tamiya Frog than watch
an episode of Weird Science ... and you know how hot Kelly
LeBrock was back then! The Tamiya Frog was in a glass
case container much like the glass case container of the
Crown Jewels in the movie Johnny English. I assume
the security was just as tight and there was no bumbling
Mr. Bean to save me with his funny antics should I
decide to approach said glass case within
a ten feet radius LOL.

Anyway! Fast forward to the year 2005 and Duran Duran
is now relegated to the Best of 80s CDs and rumor has it
that the Tears for Fears duo are now out of the nut house.
Tamiya must have been keeping tabs on me and they learned
that I can actually afford the Tamiya Frog now ... and so
they re-released it :-)

Once the re-released Tamiya Frog landed in Singapore,
I went to the hobby shop, purchased the kit and locked
myself in my house for two days.

I assembled the kit with tender loving care ... I applied
all the little tricks I have learned through ten years of
playing RC. When it came to painting the figure ... I didn't
just paint it. I painted it meticulously. I used the paint
normally used for those little WarHammer figures. I even
made the folds of the driver's clothes darker... then I
painted flames in the car body .... arrggghhh this is taking
so long! So I just painted the rest of the body with
whatever paint I had.

Once everything is finished and my batteries were charged,
I took bus 139 and went to the direction of Toa Payoh.
I alighted at SingTel in Thomson Road and walked
towards the sand/soil area under the flyover. I made
a track using lots of plastic cones .... and drove the
Tamiya Frog for hours :-)

When I got home, I took out the radio receiver and
batteries from the Frog ... and then I placed it on it's
own little place on my RC cupboard ...

People my age collect fancy watches and big cars.
Me, I collect little things I couldn't afford when I was
younger. ... and looking at my Tamiya Frog ... I can
say life is sweet .... That is until I saw the Moots YBB
nyahahahaha!











No comments:

Post a Comment