Friday, March 30, 2012

#239 - Raining ...



It's raining outside and I can't go out to ride on the trails
today. Well, I can always go and catch on some sleep.
But then I remembered that rear brake mod I did a couple
of months back.

I put on a 180mm disk on my rear wheel and liked it.
However, what I did was just to screw the calipers
on with some not-quite-long enough screws and used
lots of spacers so that the calipers would clear the top
of the disk. I showed this to a mechanic in Tay Junction
and he was not impressed. He painted a very bleak picture
involving a spoiled frame and a void warranty.

After that I put back the normal 160mm disk and did 
further research. I found out that the front post would also
fit the rear and so I ordered that from CRC together with
 some proper screws long enough to do the job. All these
hardware are from Avid. 

So after getting a headache from sleeping too much,
I went and did the change to 180mm rear disk brakes
from the original 160mm. Result is posted above.
Looks handsome :-) I'll test this tomorrow during our
group ride.




.... after all that, I went and watched this 1960s (?)
Japanese black and white film titled 'HaraKiri'.
Ahhhhhh a nice and slow day for a change .....

No comments:

Post a Comment