Saturday, July 2, 2011

#167 : Farewell to Tanjong Pagar Railway Station














I was writing this on a rainy Thursday (30 June 2011).
.. and since it was raining I couldn't go out for my 'getting
to know Bukit Timah all over again' ride.

Nothing to do ... and so I went to Instagram to go and
'like' some of the nice pictures there from creative people
from all over the world... and then I saw one of the people
I am following that today is the last day that the Tanjong
Pagar Railway Station will be open.

Hmmm... the railway is at Tanjong Pagar.. and it should be
near Hup Leong in Chinatown. So! I took an umbrella,
headed over to Hup Leong, ogled at stuff I can't afford
and then walked to the railway station.

There's an online contest going on. Search for #sgigktm
in Instagram and the above photos are my entries...
But I don't know what the prize is ... I also don't know
how they determine the winner... Anyway, I don't care.
It was a good photo opportunity and I got to see a piece
of Singapore history.





No comments:

Post a Comment