Sunday, July 31, 2011

#183 : Sunday Ride


One for my InstaGram page while waiting for the peloton to arrive



This pic courtesy of NoLights Louie's FB page

Sunday came and luckily for me I woke
up feeling more energised than yesterday.
There were 10 cyclists in the peloton including
myself. There was also Ryan and Rummer
who went for their first ride at Bukit Timah.
There was also Efren, a 'returning' cyclist
who did not touch his MTB for at least
2 years? I remember he was with me when
I first had an endo at BT !

As usual, after a leisurely breakfast at
6th Ave, we all went to enter BT trail
from RRR. From there we went on to the
Visitor Centre Carpark and off we went to
continue the BT Trail.

We then went left to ZH Park, Rooty Trail,
Personal Challenge, Reverse Flowy Trail, Summit,
then on to Streams #1 and #2. While at the #2 stream,
there was a brewing mutiny as there are members
of the peloton who cringe at climbing back the
same way. The mutiny was quelled with me
saying that climbing back is 'part of growing up'.
I think SR Deck even promised to let them
have 'vengeance' next week.

So after appeasing the peloton, we then made a
u-turn and went to T15 via that grassy singletrack
I found yesterday. I deliberately went to that
shortcut because every time the trail points up,
the peloton would say 'climbing again?'.
Too bad Bal was not around. He would have
had a nice time jeering everyone with :
"You want to mountain bike right?"

Lunch was at Bukit Panjang and after that, we
continued with the rest of the BT loop (stairs)
and had our bikes washed at Esso.... surprise
surprise, when all was said and done, it was already
4pm !

At first, SR Deck and I did not like the
idea of having Fast Paolo being the point man for
the cycle trip home. However, seeing the time,
we let Fast Paolo loose and we got home
to Balestier in 20 minutes' time hehehehe.

Until next group ride [wave wave]

No comments:

Post a Comment