Saturday, August 28, 2010

E-Sarn Thai Corner

I have another ride coming up tomorrow so I have to load up. Today my wife took
me to dinner at E-Sarn Thai Corner at Upper Thomson. This restaurant does not have GST nor Service Charge... errrr it does not have aircon also. Anyway, we came here for the food so we went ahead and ordered.



We had Seafood Tom Yum soup, grilled pork, mixed vegetables and fish cakes.
Hmmm... how do I put this? The food is different from the usual commercialized Thai food that you can eat at the numerous 'Thai' restaurants in the downtown area. However, it is not the most authentic that I have tried. For authenticity, I still recommend this small hawker at the 1st floor of the Army Market @Beach Road (if you have a tight budget) or this Thai restaurant near the corner of Beach Road and Purvis St if you want to splurge.
-
Service is ok. It should be excellent if you just take into account the number of staff. But for some reason the waiting time is a bit long. All is not lost, however! This is a newly opened restaurant. The food and service should improve with the passage of time.


No comments:

Post a Comment