Sunday, August 22, 2010

Auntie Kim's Korean Restaurant

seafood pancake, beef soup, pork belly





6 kinds of kim chi ... too bad I can't name all of them
-
-
My long ride this morning has almost made me bonk. My energy stores were so depleted I pushed my bike up Belukar track... and I easily do these climbs on normal rides.
-
After having lunch, I took a nap and when I woke up, it was already 6pm! Dinner time!
-
My ever understanding wife said I have to replenish my energy levels and so she'll bring me to Auntie Kim's! :-) Thanks Jen-jen :-*
-
If the 'korean' restaurants in the usual places (Orchard Road, City Hall area, etc.) are not korean enough for you, stop eating there and try this authentic Korean Restaurant at Upper Thomson called Auntie Kim's.
-
I have seen Auntie Kim (I think) and she looks / sounds korean to me.What really convinced me of the authenticity of the cuisine here is that korean expats come here in droves and they order their food in korean! Yup, not only Auntie Kim speaks korean but some of her staff as well.
-
They immediately serve you with hot tea (even this tea is special, I heard it has wheat?) and a selection of 5 or 6 kim chi. For tonight's dinner we ordered seafood pancake, pork belly in kimchi, and beef soup.... uhhhh I forgot the exact names. Hopefully, the pictures above should give you an idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment