Wednesday, January 4, 2012

#229 : New Year



It's the beginning of a new year and both NoLights Louie
and StairRider Deck decided to pair up and join the
synchronized diving event in the trail that we entered
from Casuarina. They had me worried for a while there
because I thought it would only be a matter of time
before I joined in the diving competition.

Anyway, this post is not about greeting the new year
by entering a diving competition!

What better way to greet the new year than by
acquiring a new set of useful skills? :-)

... and so I took off my XTR shifters, XT RD and FD, SLX
crankset and SLX brakeset from my On-One Inbred
and I transferred all of them onto my Giant Anthem.

It was easier than I thought. The best tip I could give
is that you should have the proper tool for the job.
Nope, the kitchen scissors will not cut through shifter
housing. I tried that. It can cut the plastic outer housing.
But there are wires running the length of the shifter housing.
Those are very difficult to cut. So! Go and buy real
cutting pliers for shifter housing. Mine cost 28$ from
Hup Leong. Later on I saw that shop at Changi Village
that sells bike tools are also selling the pliers but
I didn't bother looking at the price for fear that
those are lower priced hehehehe.

I did get some help ... from YouTube.
Here are my reference materials :


Since I learned these, now I will convince my wife
that I can buy a new light weight seatpost with the
money I saved :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment