Tuesday, November 16, 2010

ZTR Alpine Rims and Maxxis CrossMarks LUST


Lately I feel that my full suspension bike is very draggy and wallowy...
So much so that I have convinced myself that since I only go to T15,
I don't have to bring a full-sus bike. But the thing is whenever I bring
my HT, I have to bring a pump and spare tubes because I know that
the moment I forget to bring those, I will get a flat tire.

But! Yesterday, X'mas has come early. My wife allowed me to buy
this wheelset comprised of ZTR Alpine (claimed weight 330grams), XT hubs
and double butted spokes. I also got SLX Centerlock rotors and Maxxis Crossmarks
LUST tires. Gilbert from Hup Leong is even saying "Ho ho ho" when he
quoted me the price (very nice!!!) and gave me my X'mas gift of KoolStop
Sintered brake pads!!!

I used these for a very quick ride today. What can I say?! Now I don't have to
bring air pumps and spare tubes. The wheelset and the tubeless tires feel
very light when you pedal. ... I mean I don't think they are so much lighter
than my previous wheelset and tires when I weight them on
my digital scales BUT they are a lot lighter when I pedal.

The trail is also very wet today due to the rains yesterday but I never
felt my tires slip. I had all the grip that I need and these tires are
supposed to be for dry trail use.

Two thumbs up for this wheelset and tire combo for their performance.
 What's more, they even fall under my criteria of 'cheap and good' stuff.
So get yourself a pair of these (both wheelset and tires) and feel
the X'mas spirit :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment