Saturday, November 20, 2010

Sunday Ride

9AM and BT is still a bit foggy! Wet and muddy trails today :-(

I saw this carbon bike @Tay Junction on the way home. Cheap?
Today's ride is nice and quiet. Most freeriders all went to the
Yew Tee Flat Out Challenge and the PadyakPinoy group all went
to Pulau Ubin.

I went in via Rifle Range and I saw Bobot of
PadyakPinoy/ContiComponentsdoing his secret
practice.. shhhh! Anyway, the trail is wet and muddy today. I've
had some hairy moments but luckily no falls.
I just did one lap of T15 and I was out of there.

On the way home, I went by Tay Junction wanting to buy
a pair of no brand titanium barends. I was thinking at the most they
should cost around 70$. They don't even have packaging!
When I finally asked them how much the barends are,
I almost fainted when I got quoted 95$! These EC90
barends from CRC are just 100$ ! They are Easton carbon ones!
Sigh... not my day to get Ti barends then.

On the way out I saw 2 roadbikes outside with a sign
saying they are on 'Sale'. Both are carbon Specialized roadbikes.
One is 2699$ and the other is 2999$. I wonder if those prices
are considered cheap for roadbikes?

Anyway, I don't have 2699! So I pedalled home thinking
where could I get cheap Ti seatpost and barends ....
Maybe I go talk to Owen?



No comments:

Post a Comment