Friday, November 5, 2010

Two Hills

Tank on top of Kent Ridge Park
It's not just any Friday! Today is Deepavali (Indian Holiday) so that's
a double celebration. That's why we have thought of climbing two hills
today. One is Mt. Faber and the other one is Vigilante Drive (not really a hill)
which leads to Kent Ridge Park MTB Trail.

Actually, StairRider Deck and I have gone to these two hills last night
to familiarise myself with the way as I am on point duty for today's ride.

For those curious about the climb at Vigilante Drive, this is the first
time I have seen a climb that forced me to use 22/28 gearing. That is
super granny gear. I almost ran out of gears. I only had 1 more gear left (32)
at the back in case I had to downshift some more.

But if you think going up is difficult, we found out that coming
down is expensive! Last night I did two laps of this climb and
today I did 1 lap (after the rain, so should be cooler). All those times,
the smell of burning brake pads is in the air once I get to the
bottom. Here's a video clip of today's ride so you'll
know what to expect if you want to go to Mt. Faber and
Kent Ridge Park.

No comments:

Post a Comment