Monday, May 2, 2011

May Day Holiday Spin

Fallen tree at the trail leading to ZH Park from BT

Mandai entrance to T15

Overcast skies and drizzle was the order of the day
Today, Stair Rider Deck was supposed to guide a small
group to (what he described as) a short and flat
trail at Kent Ridge.

I was asked to go BUT I know for a fact that : 1. yes,
Kent Ridge is short (3km) and 2. no, nobody has called
Kent Ridge flat.... of course, SR Deck also describes
Rooty Trail as flat to entice unsuspecting people to
accompany him to said trails... sneaky!

Anyway, morning came and it was drizzling. It took me
a loonnngggg time to finally get up and get on with my
May Day Holiday spin. My legs were aching from Saturday's
long ride @Ketam and my upper body was aching due to
yesterday's paddling.

On the way, to T15 I was already mentally prepared to get
a phone call/sms from SR Deck telling me that they will
be going to BT instead of Kent Ridge as I imagine that place
will be very slippery at this kind of weather.... and ....
true enough! I got an sms when I was on my way to Zheng Hua
saying they're on their way to BT because SR Deck knows
KR will be very slippery today.

I reached the Mandai side of T15 and when I was on my way back
to the BT side, I got a call from SR Deck asking if I want to
go to Rooty Trail with them? No way! My FS bike's pivot bearings
have finally died after being subjected to 2 years of jetspray
and I am now on a steel HT. I said I'll just meet them at the
mango trees.

It turned out the 'group' ride was only made up of Ronald, Paolo
and SR Deck. Which was well and good because a smaller group is
more manageable and we were actually able to hit 31-32kph on full
knobbies along Bukit Timah Road on the way home.

No comments:

Post a Comment