Sunday, May 29, 2011

Saturday Ride



Ohhhh what do we have here ......





Today when I was cycling to StairRider Deck's block, I saw
two mountainbikers cycling along Whampoa Rd. They seem to
know our shortcut to McPherson which we take when we are
going to the Eastern trails.

Well, looks like everyone will be at Tampines trail today and
so there should be less people at the Bukit Timah area.

SR Deck has finally changed his KMC weightweenie chain after
one year (!).... and so while on the way to Novena he kept
on shifting up and down. When we finally got to the IRAS
building, I heard some funny noises coming from his cassette.

As I thought, you don't just change your chain after one year
of use. Most probably, the rest of your drivetrain would be
toast as well. This has happened to me already. Anyway, he
told me he'll do some troubleshooting and he u-turned back
home shaking his head.

I went to the trails alone. However, when I got to ZH Park,
I met FreeRider Erik and Ipoh. FR Erik showed me a nice new
loop inside that trail that leads to Upper Thomson :-)
He also showed me some really nice downhill trails complete
with jumps! Of course, looonnggg before FreeRider Erik showed
me these trails, I have already sworn an Oath of Silence in the
presence of Sam the Mailman, Bobot and FR Erik himself :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment