Saturday, May 7, 2011

Short Ride on Election Day 2011

Before HellClimb

After portage
 Today is SG's Election Day and so I couldn't ride
with my buddies to Ketam as I have to vote... and my
wife specifically said 'No Last Minute Voting !!!!'

So there! Anyway, although she didn't allow me to go
riding to far away Ketam, she did buy me an Anthem X4
and let me ride it to T15 :-)

Ahhhhh ... what can I say ? While riding my Anthem I was
hearing a host of angles singing the 'Halleluia' chorus. I was
smiling and I was thinking to myself this bike should not
have been named Anthem. It should have been named
Epiphany, Revelation, etc.

I have 2 XC bikes. 1 is a BeOne Nirvana and the other
is a steel On-One Inbred. Both bikes are considered
medium in size. I bought a small Anthem. I think
having hit the right size on the head alone makes this
a very good bike. But that's not all. This bike is
in between a hardtail and a cushy full-suss bike.
So, if you are looking for a cushy full suss bike
look elsewhere as this is not the bike for you.
However, if you are looking for the climbing ability of
a hardtail and jussssst the right 'give' for
going downhill, then come on right up, beg, steal
or borrow because this bike would be right
up your alley.

By the way, thanks to my long suffering wife
for buying the bike for me .
I promise I won't upgrade it .... too much :-)
Now ... I wonder what she'll give me as
a birthday present LOL

2nd portion of portage. 1st portion is to the right.

The 'bridge' to NoLights Louie's personal challenge.
I don't trust this 'bridge'

Took this photo before I went to HellClimb


2 comments:

  1. just as i suspected!!! hahahaha! enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hehehehe surprisingly a lot of people suspected I had the bike already even if I kept denying it :-)

    ReplyDelete