Sunday, May 29, 2011

Sunday Ride

Belukar Trail flood !!!

It came from this side ....

Thanks to Hup Leong Mechanic John for fixing my chain :-)

It was drizzling when I got out of the house today.
The drizzle became a heavy downpour and so even if
I wasn't really hungry, I opted to wait out the rain
and get breakfast.

When the downpour became a drizzle again, I quickly
dashed to Rifle Range Road. I met two guys on the way
out from the trails and they told me that the trails
today are 'very interesting'.

All the trail regulars in the BT area know each other
by face and I haven't seen those two before. I thought
they were telling me that the trails todays are very
muddy. Boy, was I wrong!

There was an overflowing 'cistern' (right term?) and
all the water was being drained into part of Belukar
Track. So if you are following the trail in the right
direction, once you turn right to Belukar Track heading
to the stairs, you will be surprised to see water coming
at you and the trail flooded. The flood was so deep, my
feet get wet when pedalling.

The really ironic part was when I went to the trail that
leads to Upper Thomson with the remnants of the PadyakPinoy
group, the trails were reasonable dry ! It was even dry in
Rooty Trail.

Anyway, when we were going back to Rifle Range Road, the flood
has subsided... of course, leaving a muddy, slippery Belukar
Track... very interesting :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment