Saturday, June 4, 2011

Saturday Ride




Raining !!! .... but yesterday I had to deal with some
funky management style in the office resulting in me
staying late ... on a Friday! So, I don't really care
about the heavy downpour, I have to have my trail fix
today.

All my mates are waiting for the start of the 12hour
MTB Endurance Race at Tampines so I cycled on the
pavement until I got to Rifle Range Road.

Good thing that today is raining and there's a race
later on in the afternoon. I have the whole of BT/Mandai
Area to myself.

I went to the Mandai end of T15, went reverse Flowy (Sc)
Trail, went to the Summit, took the right trail instead
of the usual, got lost, found my way back, went to the
1st stream, detour to the new Summit, went too Second stream,
u-turned back, went to reverse Rooty Trail and then finally
went to the stairs at BT. Whew! I looked at my watch and ...
amazing! It took me just 3 hours to do all that !!!

Anyway, highlight of the day is when I got lost inside
the trail after the summit. All the time I was doing my
ride it was raining. So you could imagine that it was very
dark in the jungle.... I was doing my mindless pedalling
technique when all of a sudden, I realised the surrounding
area is no longer familiar. What freaked me out was that
I saw a pile of pots inside the jungle! Pots! Those where
you put plants in? Freaky! The atmosphere was good enough
for a B-grade slasher movie... and so whenever faced with this
kind of situation, I turn into Julien Absalon and pedalled
furiously awayyy until I saw the first stream. Ahhhh...
familiar surroundings, nice... tomorrow again :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment