Sunday, May 15, 2011

Saturday Ride

Instagram pic of Rifle Range Road

You all still can't figure out where this is , right? :-P

@T15 : unlike other fallen trees that look like they fell ...
this one looked like it disintegrated !

Fallen tree @Belukar track ... leading to the stairs
It's been raining in the late morning / early afternoon
lately. A welcome respite to the very very hot
weather we are having in Singapore right now.

I went for a quick spin to T15, Reverse Flowy Trail
and Rooty Trail. It's really nice now that I don't have
such a wallowy full sus bike :-)

One observation that SR Deck and I share is that lately,
all these big lizards (tagalog = bayawak) have been coming
out in the open trails. Deck said he almost ran over a
one a couple of days back and he even has the photo
in FB to prove it.

Well, I was doing my mindless pedalling technique
in Belukar track when all of a sudden I saw movement
on my peripheral vision. This branch-shaped thing that
I thought was a ... errr... branch, moved! But by then
I was already almost on top of the thing and I am
quite sure I ran over the thing.

I braked hard, looked back and saw the big lizard take
three (I counted !) steps forward and looked at me!
I got off my bike and in true spoiled brat fashion
jumped up and down and kept saying 'I swear I ran
over that guy's tail !!!' ... while doing that, a group
of mountain bikers came  to me (they're going to ZH Park)
and asked me what's wrong. Talk about embarassing!
I pointed to the big lizard and heard them refer
to it as "bayawak" (bayawak = tagalog = malay?).

Anyway, tomorrow will be the 4hour Enduro race
at Ketam MTB trail. SR Deck, Fast Paolo, Airtime Mark
and Bal are confirmed joining. I won't be able to
do pitman duties as the race will start @8AM
and the first bumboat to Pulau Ubin leaves
at around 7AM. I would still be snoring around the
time when these guys are doing their final race
preparations. But I'll be there to see how the race
ends and to see if my buddies need an ambulance
to get to SG mainland hehehehe. 

No comments:

Post a Comment