Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Night Trail

L-R : Fast Pao, me, Roadie Rio and StairRider Deck

Magic Shine

 Today is Vesak Day (Buddhist holiday)! So from morning to
afternoon I've been a very good husband and dad :-)
I accompanied my wife and son to Orchard Road for ....
shopping! Anyway, I'm not complaining as my wife got me
a new Fox Striker helmet. More on the helmet later as
I haven't worn it yet.

One other thing my wife got me was a Magic Shine 900
lumens helmet light. ... and since she already paid for it,
might as well use it hehehehe.

NoLights Louie, after much convincing, threatening and
cajoling finally decided to go with StairRider Deck and me.
She was also the one who did the FB Event invite.
After everything was said and done, 5 riders went
for a night trail ride today.

The weather was very cooperative. Although there
were flashes of lightning seen from afar from the time
we entered the trail up to the time we rode home,
the rain never came. Also, the trail wasn't that dark ...
I think we had a full moon tonight.

It was Fast Paolo's and NoLights Louie's first time
to ride in T15 today and both agree that night trail
riding is more fun than the usual day ride. Added to the fun
factor is the fact that as the night progresses the cooler it
becomes. Unlike during the day when StairRider Deck has
already developed the habit of dousing himself with water
whenever possible due to the heat.

We went into the trail at almost 8pm and we were
already cleaning our bikes at Esso by 9:20pm.
... and everybody is smiling :-) even when we
were almost chased by dogs (again??)

It seems this night ride will be a weekly thing?

Group picture brought to you by NoLights Louie's iPhone 


No comments:

Post a Comment