Saturday, May 21, 2011

Fox Striker Helmet



Left - Fox Flux 349gr, Right Fox Striker 298 gr

Fox has finally decided to create a supposedly improved version
of the ubiquitous Flux helmet. However, the Fox Striker did not
replace the Flux which still has numerous 2011 versions. I think
the Fox Striker is aimed at people who think that the Flux is a tad
bit too All-Mountain.

The Fox Striker helmet is supposedly 100grams lighter than
the Fox Flux. This alone should appeal to guys who ride more
XC than AM. It also lost the 'go-fast' fin behind the helmet
and now it has 22 vents instead of the 20 vents that the Flux has.
The 2 biggest vents are at the back and they are supported
by some honeycomb-structured plastic.

The visor is also smaller than the Flux's and even the back
strap is now padded.

When I saw the Fox Striker @CineLeisure, my eyes widened
and I looked at my wife. She asked me : 'You want that?'.
I said 'Yeahhhhh...'. Then she asked : 'What's the difference
between that and the other one (Flux)?'. I said 'uhhhhh a lot...
it has this, it has that, blah blah'. Then she said 'Whatever,
just go and get it before I change my mind!'.
Hehehehehe success !

Anyway, I used the Fox Striker for my ride today and
it does really feel airy and light. The thing is you will just
have to take my word for it because the fit and perceived airiness
of a helmet is subjective.

However, it is not 100grams lighter and I submit above
photo as evidence.

4 comments:

  1. They always use the lightest against the heaviest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ... ohhh, you mean XL Flux versus XS Striker? Ok, yup, that might make it to 100grams difference. - MH

    ReplyDelete
  3. Btw how much you bought at cineleisure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hmmmm forgot about it... around 145 I think. a little bit more expensive than the flux - MH

    ReplyDelete