Saturday, May 21, 2011

Saturday Ride

View from Rooty Trail. Starting to rain ...

Rain stopped for a while

drizzling again on the way back to T15
I went cycling alone today :-) Half of my friends

went riding in Tampines Trail. No doubt in preparation
for the coming 12hour race in June. The other half
went night trail riding yesterday (or so I thought).

It started raining when I go to Velocity and it stayed
that way until I got to Rifle Range Road.

I went to Rooty trail and when I got out, I saw some
people coming out from that trail that leads to Upper
Thomson! I decided not to go in that way as it involves
me lifting my bike over some fence. So I went to T15
and when I got to the foot of Gangsa I turned right!
While climbing to the Summit the heavens decided to
really open up. Good thing the jungle canopy was there.
However, the rain flowing downhill made everything slippery.

I met some Filipino cyclists on the summit (Jamagz, Don
and another guy). They asked me who I'm with and they
seem to think I'm a bit nutty when I said I was alone.
I went to the 1st stream and then rested a bit at the
2nd stream.

After resting at the 2nd stream, I did a u-turn and went
back to the summit where I saw the same group of cyclists
again on their way home.

I noticed the rain is getting heavier (maybe because I'm no
longer under jungle canopy). I quickly cycled back to Zheng Hua
Park and was surprised that from there, you can't see the peak
of Bukit Timah Hill because of the heavy rain. I cycled even
faster as I had to get out of the trail. I'm afraid that some
tree or tree branch might fall down on me.

I got back to Rifle Range Road and the rain is still very
hard. It was so dark that I would have put on lights if
I brought some in my backpack. Finally, when I got back to
Esso the rain let off a little.

Tomorrow, I'll bring red blinking lights in case
it rains this hard again.


No comments:

Post a Comment