Wednesday, October 26, 2011

#214 : Deepavali 2011










Deepavali ! Another holiday and an excuse for
us to let our masochistic proclivities shine
through :-)

Today's ride started from Casuarina at around
8:30AM ... well, my friends started at that time.
Me? At 8:30AM I was opening my mainframe terminal
emulator and working! Anyway, I got out of my
house at 10AM and reached BT at around 10:30ish.
I half cycled, half pushed my bike around the BT
loop and once I got to ZH, I started calling my
friends.

They just got out of reverse Rooty Trail after
coming in from Casuarina. So slow?! Anyway, they
made their way to ZH and once there they could
not be persuaded to stop being masochists. So on
they went to Bukit Timah leaving NoLights Louie
with me. ... Since Louie and I had time to kill,
we did reverse Flowy Trail and went to the
entrance of Rooty Trail. The peloton came after
about ten minutes' wait and off we went into Rooty
Trail again. At this time the sun was shining and the
weather was really very hot but once we got into
the trail that leads to Casuarina, the rain came!

The rain was so heavy we almost could not see where
we were going! Water was rushing down, turning the
trails into streams! Looks like it was just not
enough that we can't see where we're going, we also
can not see where we are putting in our front tires.
Lots of 'whoopps!' can be heard from the peloton
whenever we encounter drops that were concealed
by the rushing water.... there was even a dead monkey
floating at the downhill section before the 2nd
stream... I wonder how that monkey died? :(

The rain brought good things and bad. Bad thing
is it limits visibility and we can't hear ourselves
shouting (e.g. "THERE'S A DROPPP!!!", "WHATTTT???",
you get the picture). Good thing is we didn't feel
exhausted and so the journey to Casuarina was done
in record time.

But this ride has some expensive casualties, namely,
one Shimano sunglasses and one iPhone4 hehehehe.

1 comment:

  1. The dead monkey is still there today at the same spot you've mentioned. Poor fella

    ReplyDelete