Saturday, October 8, 2011

#207 - Saturday Ride

3 fallen trees !

New fallen tree @Rooty Trail

Raining but still going to that trail leading to Casuarina
The Eastern boys still haven't gotten enough of
Pulau Ubin and so nobody was inquiring about
the possibility of a group ride in Bukit Timah.
Sugar Rush Rey and Stair Rider Deck have been
asking me to go for this Saturday Ride at BT
but the problem is I'm having difficulty waking
up early lately ... and so I couldn't commit.

Saturday came and I woke up at a relatively
late time of 9am... I knew it. If I said yes to my
friends then I would be making sooo much excuses
and apologies by now. I went to Zheng Hua via
Rifle Range Road and once there, I smsed Deck
that I am present although late and that I would
be going to Rooty Trail.

Surprise, surprise! The entrance to Rooty Trail
is flooded! I thought the lake has overflowed due
to the rain. But as I went deeper, my worries turned
out to be unfounded. But Rooty Trail was still
very wet and muddy.

Upon exiting Rooty Trail, I saw three guys who
seem to be playing at the farther end of the lake?
As I went nearer, the 3 guys turned out to be Sugar
Rush Rey, StairRider Deck and Fast Paolo.
Hehehehe it is turning out to be the season for
stupid accidents. Bukit Timah was soooo muddy
that these 3 guys thought to go wading in the lake
to wash off the mud that they have on them.
As Stair Rider Deck was stepping in barefoot
into the lake, the stone he was standing on moved
and so he dove into the lake! The dive cost him
his big toe nail!!! The stone chipped the toe nail
off his big toe! Nyahahaha needless to say, nobody
wants to go wading into the lake now.

It was then decided that we're going to that
trail that leads to Casuarina and have lunch at
Sembawang Hill Hawker Centre.

The ride was going very well ... until we reached
the third stream. I saw some 'official' looking
people with ID cards dangling around their necks.
I was saying a silent prayer : 'if you let me go today,
I will never again cycle to Upper Thomson on a Saturday'
Hah! My prayers were answered! Those guys didn't
even look at me. I am normally the last guy in our
group rides. But today, I pedalled like mad and
nobody caught up with me hehehehe. I only
stopped when I reached Upper Thomson. Once
the rest caught up with me, I asked them if those
official looking guys 'talked' to them ... Fast Pao
said they only asked if they were here last week.
I get the feeling that if my friends said yes, the result
will be different, but since Fast Pao said he just
came in to Singapore yesterday, those guys
just waved them away. That was close! Whew!

No comments:

Post a Comment