Sunday, October 9, 2011

#208 - Hiking










Since Saturday was MTB day, Sunday automatically
becomes hiking day :-)

This Sunday hike again started from McRitchie Reservoir.
I am still being plagued by this sickness called 'waking up late'
sickness and so I started the hike at 10AM. I was, however,
making good time as I have started to become familiar
with this hiking thing and the routes. The thing now is,
since there's only a limited area in Singapore for hiking
and trail running, the place is so crowded it's beginning
to look like a shopping mall...

... and so I ducked into the Petai Trail ... which was
a bad idea since I started late. Petai Trail added 2.25km
to my walk. It was a nice boardwalk 'trail' though.

At the end of Rifle Range Link, I saw a group
of hikers who seemed to be, first, doing an adventure
type race and second, lost :-) Good thing I heard them
speaking in my native language and so I didn't
let them go in a complete circle and pointed them
to the direction of Bukit Timah. Ah, that's my good
deed for the day taken care of.

Once, I was in the vicinity of BT, I went in
to check out this trail called Catchment Path ... oooohh
another one of my bad ideas. It consisted of stair climbs!
I think it will eventually lead to the Bukit Timah
Summit. It was already 1PM and I'm hungry and so
I wussed out and turned left to Cave Path...

I think I will come back here next week and
scour the area. Seems to me this place offers some
serious Zen experience.

2 comments: