Monday, April 4, 2011

Monday Spin



Finally! After one whole week without any exercise whatsoever,
I got to cycle again. I filed for a half-day leave, slept for two hours
and then went to T15.

Why the one week non-exercise you might ask. Well, I had no choice.
I was on call 24x7 last week. Actually, it's not the work that will make
your blood pressure soar. It is the anticipation that you might be called
in the middle of the night, while showering, while in the toilet, etc.
I literally did not go out last Sat and Sun!

It's during these times when I get these funny ideas of migrating
to Canada or Alaska! Also today, Yahoo has this article about 
the 10 signs when it's time to quit your job. I read it ... unbelievable!
I think I got 7 out of 10 there. 

Anyway, enough griping about my job. Now you'll read me
griping about my fitness (or lack of it). I last cycled last Sunday.
Today is Monday. It was just 1 week without exercise and guess what?!
I was huffing and puffing from my house to the Mandai end of T15.
I think I stopped twice! Normally I don't stop to rest. 

I have 5 more days, err make that 4 more days before Saturday.
I hope the group ride won't be so tough.

So, while cycling from Mandai to ZH (via T15), you'll realise that
the way is inclined a bit. I mean it's not that steep but it's inclined.
This kind of 'climb' are the ones that we call 'killing me softly'.

I was panting and almost wanting to vomit along this stretch of incline.
In the end I slowed down and spun.... bad move...
.... it was already past 6pm by then... getting dark... and very quiet...
and then I remembered this story that SugarRush Rey told me
and StairRider Deck.

He said he once saw an old woman
with long hair and dressed in white along that stretch...
He was lost and he asked the old woman for directions...
The old woman didn't reply, she just looked at him...

Well, SugarRush Rey just shrugged and cycled away.
But me? When I remembered that story, my fitness came
back :-) I cleared T15, the BT stairs and got into Rifle Range Road
in 35 minutes LOL.

No comments:

Post a Comment