Sunday, April 10, 2011

CrankBrothers Cobalt 2 Seatpost


Left side : Crankbrothers 30.9mm x 400mm (length) + screw-on seat clamp
Right Side : Amoeba 27.2mm x 400mm + quick release seat clamp + 30.9 spacer
Word in our office is that lot's of people bought new bikes.
Also, seems like all of them will be bringing their new bikes
tomorrow.... sigh ... no new bikes on the horizon for me.

Anyway, since there'll be new bikes tomorrow at the
group ride, I bought a new seatpost for my bike just
so I won't be envious hehehe.

My bike uses a 30.9mm seatpost. For close to two years,
I used a Thomson seatpost with setback. However, I tried
using a seatpost without setback and I felt that I fit on the bike
more properly. The thing is the seatpost I used was 27.2mm
in diameter. I had to use a shim so it would fit my frame.

I went to HupLeong and got myself the cheapest CrankBrothers
seatpost. There is still a lighter aluminum and an even lighter
carbon version for those who are itching to get rid of some
of their money.

Pictures above show the weight savings ... and I think there
will be some more minute weight savings to be had because
I will cut the seatpost as I definitely think 400mm is too long
for my frame.

No comments:

Post a Comment