Saturday, March 26, 2011

Sunday Ride

 I was happily spinning to ZH and was just going to continue
my ride to T15 when I noticed some guys from PadyakPinoy/MTB Brothers
ogling at a new bike.... then John the Mechanic (from Hup Leong) saw
me and shouted 'Hey, take pics of this bike it's the first 2011 Epiphany in SG!'

Oohhhh ok! So here are some shots of this 2011 Ellsworth Epiphany
which belongs to Bong. He is now the number 1 contender for
Top Kidnap Victim as he currently has a Ti On-One 456, Kona, Abracadabra,
this Epihany and various other bikes which I haven't even seen.

Ellsworth headbadge on the left. Apparently, this red version is 'special'.
The downtube badge on the right, proclaiming that Ellsworth frames are
still made in the USA! 


ICT suspension

Even the seatpost clamp is very nice. I believe this one will eventually give way
to a red version very soon.

Even the point where the shock is attached has a big 'E' on it.

Lito's Manitou R7 fork. This has 30mm stanchions.
Lito's weightweenie Scott Carbon HT is also sporting some
new Manitou R7s. Why he chose this Manitou over his SID?
He told me that his SID only had 80mm travel and 28mm stanchions!
Unbelievable! I couldn't touch this guy in the DH sections and he just
told me that his former fork was a noodle!

Anyway, this Manitou, he says, now has 30mm stanchions and 100mm
travel. Hah! I wonder how fast he'll go now that his steering is more
accurate?!

Turner Sultan 29er and Ellsworth 2011 Epiphany!
drool :-(


No comments:

Post a Comment