Saturday, March 5, 2011

Saturday Ride




My bike's linkage. If there is no extra link, it should be a single pivot ... complex.


I think I am going now to go buy 4D and Toto.
Friday has come and gone without any one of the
usual suspects sending out 'feelers' for a group ride.

A bunch of people don't want to cycle because
they are preparing for a bike ride that is supposedly
not a race but has you running with a timing chip.

Anyway, well and good as I really need to go solo
today as I had to surprise my son who was having
his 3rd Bukit Timah hike for his NCCC CCA.

I went to 6th Ave together with StairRider Deck and after
breakfast, we separated at the Rifle Range entrance of BT.
He is supposed to do BT, ZH and this trail famous for
being very rooty. After that we were supposed to meet at the
clearing that signifies the entrance of the trail to Casuarina.

For my self, I looked for my son. I found him and exchanged
a few words with his CCA teacher. My ears were clapping
(a Filipino idiom) all the while as I keep hearing the other
kids ask my son if I was his friend or brother hehehehe.

After meeting my son, I went to ZH, T15 up to Mandai and
then went reverse S-trail. I went down to the foot of Gangsa
and cycled to the Summit. I was already going to meet StairRider
Deck at the clearing when I decided to do a little trail maintenance.

I 've been seeing other people do a bit of trail maintenance
and so I thought since I had time, I cleared one pool of
water by diverting the water to a group of trees.

Photog 101 : don't shoot against the light

My good deed for the day
Just when I finished doing my good deed for the day, StairRider
Deck came huffing and puffing and told me he has not taken a
break yet.

LOL too bad for him as I am fully rested and we went straight
to the first stream. While resting at the first stream he told
me that he met someone who said that he has a friend who
got fined $200 for going to that trail....

That's it! I would rather save the $200 for my steel HT's
new fork! We decided to do a u-turn and went to Bukit
Panjang for lunch.

By the way, here's a little video where StairRider Deck
was comparing the merits of Maxxis CrossMarks
and Kenda Nevegals...

You may look at it that way... or you may see it as
Titus Racer-X versus BeOne Nirvana :-O

No comments:

Post a Comment