Sunday, March 20, 2011

Sunday Ride

Shimano M505 pedals - Stay. Away. From. These. Pedals!
I fell down sooo many times still clipped to my bike today
that I already know how to fall down with out getting hurt!
Can you imagine that? That's a lot! ... and I never fell
even a single time when I was learning how to ride clipless!

Go get an M520, M540, XT! You could even get Eggbeaters!
These M505s are the worst pedals that I have ever tried!

Yes, I know that it was the mud that made the M505s a death
trap but Mountainbike clipless pedals are supposed to
shrug off mud! My M520, XT and Eggbeater pedals
all are unaffected by mud! 

Ok, that is off my chest now. Apart from the not-being
able-to-clip-out part, today's ride is quite good.
I filmed myself riding (what's new? hehehe) and
when I got to Zheng Hwa, I saw Bobot, FreeRider Eric and
Sam the Mailman resting there.

They told me that the rest of the gang was in ECP
watching the Aviva IronMan Triathlon. Bobot asked me
to guide them to HellClimb. Well, you can't say no to three
of the fastest guys around, right? :-)

On the way to T15, we met two Ang Mohs who normally
ride with the PadyakPinoy group : Scott and Remy.
They've been riding since 7:30AM. They informed us that
the 'entrance' to the trail that leads to Thomson has been
newly fenced :-(

Anyway, those three guys that I guided tried HellClimb.
All agreed that that climb would be a good practice for when
we all attend any of Malaysia's numerous jamborees in the
future. But they warned me that although the gradient might
be the same, the length of the climbs are much longer!

Once we're back in T15, everybody shared some banana's and
powerbars. There was talk of  'recruiting' more people to race.
Of course, they will be willing to train and train with these
new aspiring racers (ahem ahem I dropped cough Paolo's name cough).

They also told me that it was a verryyy long time since they did
a long ride here in Singapore and because of that, they
will be attending our next long ride (as long as we do it on a Sunday).
Everybody prepare!!!

Here's today's video ... I combined my GoPro and my DV1.
GoPro is 5Mb while DV1 is HD .... watching the results...
I think I need a GoPro HD!  $$$$ :-(

Edit : you may view the video here as well


No comments:

Post a Comment