Sunday, September 5, 2010

Ivin's Peranakan Restaurant

Ivin's @Sembawang Hill



Honey Pork, Egg Fuyong, Eggplant, and Beef Rendang




Dessert was Bubor Chacha and Gula Melaka Sago
-

Today was quite eventful :-) I have a new helmet, new forks, found a forgotten trail, and last but not least, helped a newbie get out of Sc trail in one piece. So I think I deserve to pig out.
-
Good thing my wife was thinking along those lines also. So she said we're going to eat something different. Whenever she says 'something different' she always brings me to Ivin's @Sembawang Hill. This is truly something different for my family as this restaurant serves Peranakan cuisine. We eat Peranakan cuisine maybe only 3 times a year?
-
Anyway, we browsed thru the menu and we were looking for the Beef Rendang.... only to find out it is not in the menu!!!?? Never fear though as Ivin's catered to our request and they cooked beef rendang. Just wondering why it's not in the menu when all you need to do is ask them to cook it. We also ordered Honey Pork, Egg Fuyong and some Eggplants with chilli.
-
The Beef Rendang, Honey pork and Egg Fuyong are all as expected (delicious), it was the Eggplants with chili that surprised me. I normally don't eat eggplants because they tend to be gooey. These eggplants, however, are not! They are very crunchy and the chili was tangy rather than hot. The food was so delightful that between the 3 of us, we ate 5 bowls of rice.
-
Dessert was Bubor Chacha and the ultra sinful Gula Melaka Sago. Why ultra sinful? I think the syrup that comes with it is made up of brown sugar syrup with coconut milk! I'll pay for that tomorrow @Mt. Faber.

No comments:

Post a Comment