Saturday, September 18, 2010

Saizeriya Italian Restaurant @City Square Mall


Today we bought some rechargeable AAAs for my bike torchlights @Mustafa.
Going home, we caught glimpse of the new City Square Mall @Kitchener Rd.
We decided to check out the place and find a place where we can have dinner.
-
My wife says she always hears this new restaurant Saizeriya being advertised on radio.
So that's where we had dinner.
-
The restaurant is in basement 2 and it occupies quite a big space. Due to this I didn't
get this cramped feeling I get whenever I'm in ... say Pizza Hut or Cafe Cartel.
-
We ordered Minstrone Soup and Double Cheese Pizza to share between the three of us.
I ordered Spaghetti with Tomato Sauce and Bacon for the main dish while my wife and son both ordered Spaghetti Carbonara.
-
Our orders arrived fast which is good.
-
The Minestrone Soup is 'different' but the taste does not stand out from the taste
of other Minestrone soups from the usual suspects. The Double Cheese Pizza does really live up to it's name ... but just like the soup, the taste does not stand out as well.
-
All 3 of the pasta we had are firm... bordering on hard (undercooked?). Also since my wife and son both ordered the same dish, they could not help but compare. My wife's order was dry while my son's order was just nice. As for me, my dish was neither good nor bad...
-
Well, that last statement I wrote sums up the dining experience we had in this restaurant. Good points are the service was efficient and the prices are quite low. However, the place is let down by so-so dishes and inconsistencies in preparation.

No comments:

Post a Comment