Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Tuesday Nite Ride


What are we doing in the middle of the jungle on a week night? Errrr ... riding? Was it a good idea being a week night and all? Don't think so. But we still did it just because.
-
Anyway, the venue for this night ride is somewhere in the jungles of BT. We have done night rides in Tampines Trail. I have even done 2 night rides there all alone. But all those night rides did not prepare me/us for the darkness / creepiness of a real jungle!
-
All three of us brought our cheap LED torchlights. This is probably the surest sign of our being unprepared. It was only when we were faced with the black wall of darkness in the jungle that we realised that we are severely lacking in the lumen department.
-
But hey, we were already there and all 3 of us are too macho to go back down Rifle Range Road with our tails behind our legs.
-
Within a few meters of the ride, all the small talk has drifted to white-ladies and that girl who comes out of the well in 'The Ring'. After that, it has become evident that there will be no sweeper hehehe. We were riding in a wedge-like formation. I was point and I had two wing-men. Lucky that I know each rock and root of the trail so my two friends have no choice but let me lead. I'd hate to be the sweeper last night.
-
The trail ride was quite uneventful. My friends just kept on reminding me to 'say something'. So they know I have not been possessed yet and also to stop pointing at things (an old Filipino belief).
-
We were almost at he end of the trail ride when I guided my friends to a new trail that I found. It was all nice and quiet, we can already see Mandai, when all of a sudden ... we heard barks! We were chased by three big dogs.
-
After we got away from the dogs, it was decided that we had our fill of excitement for the night and decided to go on the road. Good thing I was wearing my RadioShack jersey. It made me go fast even if I was using Kenda Nevegals :-)
-
The road ride route was Mandai Road -> Yishun Ave 1 -> Yishun Dam -> Seletar -> Jalan Kayu -> Yio Chu Kang Rd -> Boundary Road -> AMK Ave 1 -> Lorong Chuan -> Braddel Road -> Thomson Road -> Balestier -> Home
-
Thursday should be Mt. Faber day.

No comments:

Post a Comment