Monday, August 15, 2011

#191 : Sunday Ride





I wasn't supposed to ride this Sunday due to
some stuff at work. However, due to some divine
intervention, the powers that be decided that it's
ok for me to go out and have fun today :-)

There's supposed to be a group ride on.
I dubbed said group ride as "Monsters' Ball" because
all those who confirmed are all strong riders.
Hah! So that I can go and call myself a 'strong rider',
I went and confirmed my attendance in the FB invite
at the last minute... then went to sleep.

The meeting time was, as usual, 8AM at Velocity.
Of course, I woke up at 9:30AM hehehehe. Good
thing non of the attendees bothered to check the
FB invite. If you show up at 8AM in Velocity then
you're in.

But I more or less know where the group is
headed and so I skipped BT. I went straight to
ZH Park ... when I got there, there was nobody
around. I rushed to the Mandai end of T15
thinking the group would head to HellClimb.
Still nobody there. On my way back, I met
someone from MTB Brothers and he told me
there's a big group at that trail heading to
Casuarina, so I went to Reverse Flowy Trail
and went to the trail that lead to Casuarina.
At the 2nd stream, I couldn't see anyone.
I doubled back to the mango trees and
did reverse Rooty Trail... Still no one.

I went to Esso and had my bike cleaned.
By the way, bike cleaning charge is now 3$
instead of the usual 2$.

After I got home, only then I learned that
there was only Fast Pao and StairRider Deck
on that supposed 'group' ride and most probably
we kept missing each other by just a few minutes.
Anyway, maybe next Saturday we'll have a
Monsters' Ball :-)

By the way, bike blogger Anvil, also from
Singapore, wrote this nice little piece about the
it and you might end up dodging Group Ride
invites hehehehe.



No comments:

Post a Comment