Sunday, September 25, 2011

#203 - Hiking


McRitchie Reservoir

Nice place ! Will go back here.




Boardwalk after HSBC TreeTop Adventure



Pity the guys going for TNF 100. I think they have to crawl up this.

McRitchie Reservoir

Actually, people who should be doing this are my
friends who have registered for TNF100. But due to
varying excuses (yes, excuses :-P ), they are not able
to go and do a proper reconnaisance of the route.
So, being a nice guy, I went and did the recce of
McRitchie Reservoir to Bukit Timah :-)

I filled up my 2 liter CamelBak and thought of
taking my walking stick with me... but I routinely
see uncles and aunties hiking from McRitchie to BT
and thought this would be a piece of cake. So I left
my pair of walking sticks at home.

I entered the trail in McRitchie that leads to BT
and I saw signposts that provide the countdown that
start from 10km apparently once 10km is up then
you'll be in BT.

I was surprised by the route! It was up and down.
I was thinking to myself that even with a bike, these
climbs will be very long and challenging. There was
even one place where I think there will be no choice
but to crawl up over the roots.

Also, the climb to the HSBC TreeTop Adventure
bridge was quite tough. However, I don't think
that will be a part of the TNF100 route as the
bridge will definitely sway from all those people
running/walking there.

Lastly, as I go nearer Rifle Range Road (BT),
the trail started to get muddy ... and guess what did
I find? Yup, Kenda Nevegal tire marks hehehehe.

I finally reached RRR and my left knee was
giving me problems. I did not wear shoes with
pronation control because I thought my knee
operation has already fixed my knee problems.
The thing is, this time the problem is with my
left knee ... I wonder if proper hiking boots
would solve this?

No comments:

Post a Comment