Thursday, September 8, 2011

#197 - Solo Ride




While I was typing this post I have an ice pack
on my right knee. But before the ice pack, I had to
put a layer of cling plastic wrap on my knee
first because apart from the blue-black, I also
have scratches on my knee which I don't
want to get wet.

The base of my right palm is also swollen
and in the background I can here my son whispering
to my wife '... does he think he is still young ...'

I had irregular exercise for the past two
weeks. Not just that! The first of those two
weeks, I was on graveyard shift. Last week,
I was on call 24 x 7. So after those 2 weeks
from hell, I decided to give myself a long weekend.
To start off that long weekend, I went cycling
at T15. Just T15! I have learned my lesson
and I know that if I push myself, I will just
be courting trouble and since I am
riding solo I don't think I want to do that.

The thing is lack of sleep really has a way
of destroying whatever fitness you have built.
On the way to the trail, I had to stop near Tay Junction
for a breather. From then on I had to cycle slowly.
I went to T15 via RRR, Reverse Belukar Trail
on to Zheng Hwa Park. I rested at the Mandai end
of T15 and did a u-turn. I brought along my steel
HT because I was thinking T15 is quite simple.
But when I got back to Belukar Trail at the
part where the trail goes to the right to go
to the direction of the stairs, I encountered this
big root which suddenly seemed 'new' to me
and even before I could say 'Huh', I was
down on the floor. Sighhh ... I have to take it
really easy while I am still trying to pay
 back my sleep deficit ... so tomorrow,
I'll be back with my FS :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment