Sunday, September 11, 2011

#199 - Saturday Ride


I just woke up from doing graveyard shift again!
On a Sunday morning! So while all my friends
have gone to the trails, here I am trying to remember
what it was that I did yesterday.

Actually, yesterday's ride was quite good.
I thought that I had to have a longer ride than
T15 or Rooty Trail. Good thing that a few of
my friends who are still into DragonBoat were
racing at Seletar Reservoir for the annual
Sava Sprints.

So, from Novena, I cycled to Bukit Timah
and went to T15. I went to the end of T15 and
went to Mandai Avenue. I cycled towards Yishun
Stadium and stopped at Seletar Reservoir.
I looked for my friends and after a short
chitchat, I went back to T15, continued
with the rest of Bukit Timah trail
and went home.

Whew! That was long! Anyway, while cycling
along Mandai Avenue, I saw this new-ish park
connector that leads all the way to Woodlands Ave 12!
I think I'll explore that park connector next weekend.

By the way, below picture was taken from
the Sava Sprints race by my friend Chay.





2 comments:

  1. Hi Monjie,

    I did the same thing as you when my team was competing at seletar reservoir. I started from bt batok to Yishun Ave 1 to support them...
    That was last yr...Alex

    Used to be in the dragonboat for three yrs...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Alex, I was with SPC (Singapore Paddle Club) for 3 years as well :)
    Once I fix my work schedule I'd like to come back to DB. When I go back, i'm going to give you a holler in case you're interested.

    ReplyDelete