Wednesday, September 28, 2011

#204 - Sunday Ride


Fallen tree going to T15 from Bukit Panjang



Flowy Trail

Arnold @Gangsa ... didn't get a shot of Eric
After the hike on Friday, I was supposed to join
a group ride yesterday at Pulau Ubin. Sigh... but
the hike must have made me more tired than I'm
willing to admit because I woke up at 7:30am
instead of 6am. To make matters worse, when I
finally decided I was going to go after my friends,
I looked at my bike and found that my front tire's
inner tube had a pinhole leak and leaked all the
air out during the night.

So I just told myself that maybe I was going
to crash big time in Pulau Ubin and decided
to just join my family for the weekly pilgrimage
to the malls at Orchard Road.

... and now it's a Sunday and I feel equal to
the task of doing my Sunday XC ride :-)

The ride was pretty uneventful and I still felt
sluggish. So I didn't go to the usual andrenalin
pumping playgrounds and decided to just cruise
the fireroads of T15.

The thing is when I got to Gangsa, I saw a
a big group of freeriders/downhillers having
a blast doing the dirtjump thing. There were even
some guys on XC bikes who decided to lower
their saddles and join in on the jumping fun.

I saw FreeRider Eric and Downhiller Arnold
there and Eric showed me his dislocated index
finger. Hehehehe and I thought my crash was stupid?

I recounted how I crashed at the PCN of T15
and Eric told me how he got the dislocated finger.
It was not from some DH or any freeriding move...
he got it when he slipped in the bathroom LOL.

So last week, I thought I won the trophy for
most stupid 'diving' move, but now FR Eric topped
my score! So I thought that should be it. Come on,
nobody could top that slipping in the bathroom
technique, right ? DH Arnold tried to take the trophy
away from Eric by saying he dislocated his
index finger once when he caught a basketball
the wrong way. But that doesn't count because
basketball related injuries are not 'stupid'.

So I thought Eric would be taking home the
trophy.... That is until Roadie Rio told me how he
got sidelined for the past three weeks :-)

Hehehehe let's just say it would take
some very original and imaginative diving moves
before anybody could take the 'diving' trophy
from Roadie Rio LOL.

No comments:

Post a Comment