Monday, August 29, 2011

#195 : Sunday Ride

Morewood Zula modeled here by Mike the Mechanic

Guess where all these trash came from
This Sunday ride was shaping up as the
same old same old ... that was until I went
to the 'mango' trees to do the Reverse Rooty
Trail and found the whole MTB Brothers
resting underneath the shade.

First off was a few hi's and hello's to friends
who are always on the trails but for some reason,
I seldom see. After that, Mike the Mechanic
stepped out and greeted me and said 'Have I
got a bike for your blog'. He then showed me
the newest bike in the MTB Brothers' stable.

The bike was a Morewood Zula and it had me
drooling. The bike was built like my ideal birthday
present. The bike's theme was black and red.
 It had wheelset from CrankBrothers, not sure if
it's the Iodine, but it was red. The fork was
black SID with red stickers and the groupset
looks like the new 10-speed SRAM X0 which
of course is black and red.

I asked Mike the Mechanic to be the model for
my photo and after shooting the pic, he grimaced
and said that it was a nice bike but that it was
very heavy. He then passed it to me so that I
could feel the weight and the whole group
laughed at the surprise that must have been
evident on my face. That bike in that form
was very very light !!!

After that, I googled Morewood Zula and found
a sterling review of it from BikeRadar. Hehehehe
I know one guy who's itching to burn some of his
money but does not know how to do it. This bike
might be 'it'.... ahem ahem calling Deck.

Now, if you notice I only took one picture
of the Morewood Zula (which I regret really).
That is because some of the guys called me again
and said to take a look at their 'harvest'. Their
'harvest' it seems consist of 3 bagfulls of
trash which they gathered from that trail
that leads to Casuarina.

The trash consisted mainly of plastic
water bottles ... which makes me wonder
as normally, cyclists carry water bags....

Anyway, be that as it may, there were also
gel wrappers and inner tubes. The water bottles
might be questionable but the gel wrappers
and the inner tube?

Lastly, there seem to be lot's of people
being introduced to mountain biking lately.
Almost all of these newbies that I know bemoan
the fact that they only have 500$-700$ hardtails
while we are on FS bikes.

Here below is a 4 minute clip. Ignore the first
1min 34secs and then find inspiration in the
rest of the video

2 comments: