Sunday, August 7, 2011

#186 - Sunday Ride



Hiker waiting out the rain under the bridge

These two finished their trail ride early

Pic taken when it was just drizzling inside Rooty Trail

Pic taken when it was just drizzling inside Rooty Trail

The day started with the sun shining brightly.
I cycled to Novena, Bukit Timah Rd ... but
when I reached Hwa Chong I can see lightning
flashing on the horizon. As I cycled further, it
became darker and the wind became cooler.
When I was almost reaching King Albert Park
McDonald's the wind and rain was very strong.
The wind was so strong that I thought me and
my bike were going to be carried away by it !

I went to RRR and waited out the worst
of the rain under the bridge. It was only 9:30am
but I see some cyclists were already returning
from the trails. They already had their fix
at this early hour?

Anyway, after 30 minutes, the drizzle became
tolerable and so I went up RRR. I continued
on to ZH Park until the entrance of Rooty Trail.
True enough lots of cyclists were already
heading home!

I went in and had a blast inside Rooty Trail :-)
I met only 1 guy doing the reverse route.

The thing was, when I got out, the downpour
started again! This time the rain was like biblical
in proportion. Well, I don't want to go up to
that trail that leads to Casuarina when it is pouring
so hard, so I did a u-turn and went back inside
Rooty Trail to do the Reverse Route.

It was raining so hard that the rain was going
through the jungle canopy. Water was also pooling
in the trails. Any one riding inside Rooty Trail
in conditions like this will surely be branded
a fanatic hehehehe.

The thing was I enjoyed this ride even more!
I met more riders doing the normal route.
As if all of us were a bit embarassed to be
found out playing in the rain, every one I met
was smiling and giggling. There was even this
guy who endoed while trying to clear a log pile
and when he picked himself up, he was saying
'teeheeheehee...'.

But, I didn't try to press my luck and
so when I got out of Rooty Trail, I went
to ZH Park, Belukar track and went to
the Bukit Timah stairs and headed home
via RRR :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment