Sunday, February 20, 2011

Sunday Ride


Cloudy morning but no rain :-)
 Good news : Sunday morning and there's no rain.
Bad news : It rained in the afternoon yesterday.


Ahhhhh peace and quiet
 I went back to yesterday's route as I think I will
reach a state of Zen! Yup, climbing and concetrating on the
roots ahead, you will definitely forget whatever deadlines
you have in the office.

Anyway, that was not to be! I did climb that trail I was referring
to. However, I did not climb it with a Zen like trance and
feeling of well-being! I more of climbed it in panic! LOL!


... mushrooms

It went like this. I was on the wooden 'bridge' at the foot of the climb,

taking pictures of some mushrooms ... then I heard some rustling of leaves...
I thought I saw someone crouching, darting from one tree to another...
must be my imagination, right? There it was again! I ignored it....
 then I heard it 'ngork ngork ...' I turned around. No one.
'Ngork ngork ' .... then it was no longer 'ngork ngork',
I heard something like a squeal (?) and then
lots of footsteps were running towards me!
Wild boars!!! <== take note : plural

I hopped on my bike, flew onto the bridge, went to the climb
and just kept on spinning until I reached 3/4 of the
way up! If I was wearing my HRM, it would have
been beeping madly by then.

I fell down when I slipped on a root. I turned around...
no more pigs :-) I went down to the foot of the climb again
(but did not go to the bridge)... and started filming.

This tree @T15 has been there for sooo long there is already a path around it.


Bobot. He podiums DH races using XC bikes.
One of these days, I'll ask this guy to do a 'clinic' on MTB for
people like me who has (lots) of problems going downhill.

A few minutes after I got to the top, Bobot from PadyakPinoy caught

up with me. He told me the whole gang went to Pulau Ubin so he's alone.
.. and no, he didn't see the wild boars. He came from the 1st stream.

Also, he said, ContiComponents has opened a showroom at ... I forgot.
I'll ask him again next time.

Here's the video I took today. Didn't get any footage of the wild boars.



No comments:

Post a Comment