Saturday, February 26, 2011

Saturday Ride

Me! who else?! Looking cool and unaffected by the climb and therefore
never said the word : 'pack'

Today's trail ride was a relaxed affair.
Any one who goes fast is automatically relegated to
sweeper duty. Hence, Roadie Rio was immediately
demoted to the back of the pack after our first regroup
at the quarry.

Once the odd fast guy was identified and dealt with
everything fell into place. Everybody was content in spinning.
Nobody dared stand up and mash their pedals for fear
of some verbal reprisal from the rest of us.

Anyway, it has started to become customary for us to
nominate a 'quote for the day'. Everyone has their favorite
but I think the winner for quote of the day is ... 'pack'...
Yes a very common word except that the guy who uttered
this was soooo tired he could not even pronounce the 'f'
sound. So you could just imagine what he was actually trying to
say hehehehe.

Also, this word has been uttered countless times today.
At the end of S-trail : pack! At the end of a root infested
climb : pack!

Edit : Pedal-less Paolo has pointed out that the
gut wrenching 'Nooooo!' did not come from him.
I had to edit the following paragraphs to reflect this
correction.

Second place for quote of the day stuck to my head
because it was addressed to me.
I was at the foot of a really root infested climb preparing
to pedal up. It came from wayyy behind me : 
"Don't go in there!!! Noooooooooo!!!"

I kid you not. I really did hear someone behind say 'Nooooooo!!!!'.
Since these are printed words I won't be able to express
the anguish and terror (yes! anguish and terror!) of what
he said. So just imagine one of your molars being extracted
by your dentist... without anesthesia. Yup, now you get the
idea.

Anyway, Pedal-less Paolo was today's cameraman
and so I'll be waiting for his post in his FB account to
see if his first foray into directing movies is any good :-)

Another edit : NoLights Louie's camera strikes
again! Hehehehe it was pointing downwards too much
and hence no video for this ride.

A few photos of who attended today's ride :

-- see 1st photo --
Sherwin was actually beside me but I think he didn't
know that NoLights Louie had included him in the frame
and so he was frowning in both photos. 

@the end of S-trail : 'pack'

Rest of the guys
 ... and as always, the person who actually took the picture
does not appear in any of the photos...

So I don't have any photos of NoLights Louie.
Nevermind! I do have this photo of some mushrooms :-)




Edit : added photo below

It's complete now! NoLights Louie is there and so is Sherwin


No comments:

Post a Comment