Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Roti John Steak


A lot different from the usual Roti John, right?

I was on bus 857 on my way home deciding what to eat before
I went for the usual Mt. Faber ride. I've always had either a big char
siew pao or two bananas and then off I go.

But when bus 857 stopped at the Tekka Market busstop,
I remembered this Malay stall that was reviewed at the
'Makan' thread in SMBF. So, just before the rear bus door
closed, I quickly tapped my EZLink card and dashed
out of the bus.

I ordered the Roti John Steak. It took a while before my
order came. It seems this stall has lots of customers. Anyway,
when the food came, it looked so different from the usual
roti john, that I forgot that the food was just cooked and that
it was still hot. I immediately took a big mouthful of the beef
and the bread. Result = my palate got burned!
But it was really good :-)))

The only fly in the ointment is that it was too spicy.
While on my ride I can feel my stomach is very 'acidic'.
I went to the 7-11 at the foot of Mt. Faber and bought
a small carton of milk to counter the effects of the chili.

Next time I order this, I'll tell them not to put
any chili at all.


This is where I got the Roti John Steak.

No comments:

Post a Comment