Saturday, January 1, 2011

New Year's Day 2011

I didn't do any bike stuff and it was raining so all I have are these pics from NTUC :-P
It's the first day of 2011. I think I may have to wax lyrical
about life in general and my hobbies in particular... uhhh that will be
boring ;-)

So today, me and my family went out to Orchard Road (yay!).
It has been quite some time since we last went there... and
guess what? The Christmas lights are already gone!

It was raining quite heavily today... So all the people were
all cooped up in the malls. Good thing that in Singapore,
the mall 'network' is such that you may spend as little
time as possible out of the sun (or in this case, the rain) and
still get from one mall to another.

We were able to make our pilgrimage from ION to Takashimaya.
Speaking of Takashimaya, I went to Books Kinokuniya to browse
for a while and look what I found!
All households need one... really.

I browsed the above book and it, indeed, teaches the reader
what to do in the event that the world gets run over by zombies! 
This means I can write a book about totally bogus stuff
and pass it for the genuine article? Something like :
10 Rules to Survive a Martian Attack.
Apparently, the book is a best seller ... which
means the author is now rich ?!?!
Sigh, some guys have all the luck...

Anyway, I was rummaging thru my backup CDs and found
a clip of me (in blue singlet) climbing a rockwall @Climb Asia near
RaceCourse Rd.

Now, that is one thing that I miss. Rock Climbing is a fantastic
workout. I used to do that as a cross training for my
dragonboat training. The logic was it helps me stretch all
those muscles that are heavily used in dragonboat
paddling. However, the exercise is very bad for the wallet
as one session costs 8SGD! ... maybe I'll do it again
and limit myself to 1 session per week ?

Ok, enough rumbling from me. Happy New Year, people.
Tomorrow, hopefully, I'll be able to ride with my buddies.



2 comments:

  1. so why don't you write your brilliant ideas about 10 Rules to Survive a Martian Attack?! perhaps luck will take your side this time around. ^_-

    ReplyDelete
  2. sad to say, I'm not that creative :-(
    I'll have to get rich the usual way, that is by buying Toto :-)) - Monjie's Hobbies

    ReplyDelete