Sunday, October 10, 2010

XT BB


SLX CrankSet & XT BBs

I bought my SLX groupset 2 years back. I knew that the day will come when I have to change my chain, cassette, chain rings, etc. However, I never thought the day will come when I had to change my BBs.
After the Saturday Tampines Trail ride, on the ride home, I asked my friend to ride my bike for a few pedal strokes as I feel something wrong with it. Well, for one, my chain keep dropping from the biggest chainring to the middle chainring.

Just a few meters riding, was all it took. My friend has diagnosed the problem. My crankset is moving diagonally by around 2mm! This means my BB is dead.

After going home, I explained to my wife that such things happen and I have to have my BB replaced as I won't have a full-sus for group trail rides and I might end up endoing again. The mere mention of the word endo was enough :-) So, I pedalled my way to Hup Leong and had my BB replaced.

The picture above is of the new BB. I didn't bother showing the previous BB as it looks exactly the same. Also, as always, if you go to HL with a broken something and you are not replacing parts just for the bling factor, you get a very good discount.

So, problem solved and when I went home I took the scenic route back. I went via Boat Quay, then (very lucky) on that afternoon, the road in front of the grandstand overlooking the Floating Platform was open, so I cycled there, then went to the SG Flyer, F1 pitlane, all the way to the PCNs of Kallang. Nice!

By the way, pictures below were taken on the way home.



@kallang

latest addition to SG's skyline



SG skyline at dusk


No comments:

Post a Comment