Friday, October 22, 2010

'Zhu Chao' @Jalan Besar Stadium HC



Mongolian Chicken and Mushroom and vegetables
Ok, first things first, 'zhu chao', are two words that literally means 'cook' and 'fire'.
That is if I remember how my wife translated it. But what it really means is
you order something and the they will cook it for you.

Today being a Friday is swimming night. We went to Jalan Besar Stadium hawker
centre afterwards (as usual) and decided to try this 'zhu chao'. Coming from the
pool entrance/exit, this will be the first stall that you encounter.

We ordered Mongolian Chicken and Mushroom and vegetables. What can
I say, either my standards are very low or I was lucky to find two good
stalls in the same hawker centre.

This is another 'must try' hawker stall if the Mongolian Chicken is
to be the criteria. The chicken tasted something like chicken barbecue
from Max's in the Philippines. As usual, no need to comment on the
mushroom and vegies as I think nobody would bungle cooking these.
Next time we'll try some of their more elaborate (and expensive) dishes.

No comments:

Post a Comment