Friday, October 22, 2010

Thai Ruk Cuisine


Store front of Thai Ruk cuisine @Jalan Besar Stadium Hawker Centre

Ground pork with Basil leaves, Seafood Tom Yum soup and Mixed Vegies
My wife has been bitten by the fitness bug for this past one month.
Her exercise of choice is swimming. Since she's still learning how to swim (with me and
 my son as her coach), she's so shy she does not want to go swimming
@Toa Payoh. She says there are many 'experts' there. We go to Jalan
Besar Stadium instead. After her swimming sessions we
go and have dinner at the hawker centre at the Jalan Besar Stadium.

While walking around there last Wednesday night, we decided to try this Thai food stall named
Thai Ruk. The employees of the stall (I don't know if they are the owners as well) are Thai.
There are Thai customers as well. Ergo, this must be good home cooked Thai fare!
Ok, the logic is flawed, but you know what I mean.

We ordered Ground pork with basil leaves, Seafood Tom Yum soup, Mixed Vegetables,
rice for the three of us and Tapioca with coconut milk for dessert.

My flawed logic did not dissappoint! This stall was a good find. The Ground Pork with
Basil leaves and the Tom Yum soup brings me back to the days when I was working for
a Credit Card Software vendor and I get assigned to Bangkok for implementations.
It was that authentic. The mixed vegetables, you say? Ok, it's good. But, how can
someone bungle mixed vegetables?

As for the tapioca... this is a bit of a letdown. The tapioca was a bit 'stringy'. It was
as if the tapioca was left in boiling water longer than it should have been. We've had more
'chewy' tapioca before. But, hey, I think that was nitpicking. For 19$ for everything,
how could you go wrong? This is a real "cheap and good" find!

No comments:

Post a Comment