Saturday, July 3, 2010

On-One Inbred

Guilty ! Yep, I have not completed my review of the Eggbeater SL pedals yet. But it was not for lack of trying! I bought a tool kit with a big pedal wrench to take out my 520 pedals in my Jamis Durango but I don't have the strenght to take it out... or was I tightening it? My friend who loaned me the pedals said the right and left crank arms loosen in different directions.

Anyway, I don't care! Why? Those nice guys at TEF Bikers Junction @ Novena are clearing their On-One frames (look here http://www.togoparts.com/shopping/fmnlist.php?sid=65).

I was drooling at their On-One Inbred Steel frame since day one but I missed the sale last December. I am not going to miss this one! :-)

So you will see below my new frame. I am trying to transfer all the parts from my Jamis to the Inbred. I have also ordered a new Deore Crankset from Chain Reaction Cycles. This time, I will definitely have no problems attaching the Eggbeater SL pedals to the new crankset.





I will be updating this post once the bike is complete and of course I will not forget to update the post om the Eggbeater SL pedals.

July 12, 2010 - update

I have taken the Inbred for a test road ride. I have a pair of bells attached to the railing of my saddle. On the trails, it helps other trail users (and snakes, and monkeys, and big lizards, etc) that I am coming. These bells keep on ringing while I was cycling on the cobblestones of Toa Payoh's numerous housing estates. I, however, do not feel any vibration reaching my butt. The bells are ringing though. So it must be true that steel does 'deaden' trail buzz or in this case, cobblestones.

I'll give another update once I have brought the bike to a proper trail this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment