Monday, July 12, 2010

Carbon DB Paddles

Yesterday (Sunday, 11 Jul 2010) was the day when SPC bagged the Singapore National Mixed Championships for the 2010 edition of the Singapore Dragon Boat Festival... but that is for another post.

I attended the event and seeing a variety of carbon paddles being used by DB paddlers, I took out my digital weighing scale and proceeded to weigh each paddle that I come across. But please note that this is just a purely 'for fun' activity. I didn't even bother to note how many stickers there are in some of the paddles that I weighed (surely they must add to the weight, right?). The only criteria is they should be around 48inches in length (like my own paddle).

Ok, here goes :

BurnWater (my own) = 0.46kg
GreyOwl = 0.57kg
Typhoon = 0.49kg
ZRE = 0.45kg
Simon River = 0.54kg
Trivium = 0.41kg


So, no surprises there. Trivium has always been known for being light and also the most expensive of the lot.

Up next, the race report from SPC's President :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment