Saturday, July 31, 2010

Fallen Trees and Landslides @BT Trail 31 Jul 2010

I went for a trail ride @Bukit Timah today. I was wondering what the recent wet weather in Singapore has done to my favorite trail ...


Well, upon reaching the carpark, I saw the sign below. Apparently there is a landslide in Senapang track and the sign suggests that cyclists should instead head straight to Rifle Range road and enter another trail smaller trail to get back to the carpark.

Going inside the trail, I almost didn't recognise the once very familiar trail! Water erosion has really done a number on the Bukit Timah MTB trail. Some of the places are downright dangerous to bike. Especially if you haven't been there for quite some time.
There was another closure after the 1st downhill from the carpark. Instead of going straight to a short, steep downhill section (that place is cordoned off), you go to the left into Hindhede loop.
Then just before you reach the quarry, you will reach a fork on the trail. Right side leads to a short downhill section and straight to the quarry. Left side leads to a longer downhill section followed by an even longer climb to the quarry. We took the left side and we were greeted with three (!!!) fallen trees ! Photos of the first two blockages are below. The third one, I forgot to take a picture because I couldn't see any way around ... until I walked closer and found out that I had to go through the branches of the fallen tree!
The last photo is last week's fallen tree in T15. It's still there.... and it is still blocking a nice downhill section :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment