Friday, July 30, 2010

Oakley Radar Path

Out of seven days in a week, I only manage to go out for a day trail ride on Saturdays and Sundays. Of course, if like me, you are not a professional cyclist then a day job is mandatory. From Monday to Friday I get to ride two (if lucky then three) times and all of these rides are at night.



My friend and chief contributor of things-to-review bought a spare yellow tint Oakley lens for his Oakley Radar Path.


We immediately took turns wearing the Radar Path and the difference is indeed night and day (hehehe). Instead of describing how bright and sharp the night scene of Boon Keng St suddenly became, I just took one picture with the camera behind the yellow tint lenses and another picture without the lens.





Above is the 'before' picture. This picture had me confused for a while because as you can see this is the picture that has a yellowish tint. But the yellow tint is actually from all the yellow light given off by the street lighting.




Above is the 'after' picture. This was taken with the camera behind the yellow tint lenses. As you can see there is no more hint of yellow here. Also everything seems to be very bright.



The future's so bright, I gotta wear shades



Yep, I finally managed to review something that does not fall under the category 'cheap and good' (with major emphasis on the cheap part).


The Oakley Radar Path frame has a superb fit and the yellow tint lenses keep its promise of making night time a lot clearer. This enhancement of vision also makes for safe cycling.



But ! Consider this, the Oakley Radar Path is listed at 180USD. My friend managed to grab the yellow tint spare lenses for a bargain at 115SGD. I think I would rather buy some other shades from Shimano, Specialized, etc. and I would still have change to buy one CamelBak.



So in short, maybe I'd try other shades first before I say that the large sum of money my friend invested in these vision enhancing products is really worth it.



Ok, I just returned the Oakleys to my friend and now I'm off to find some cheap and good yellow tint shades for night cycling :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment