Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Hello World

Ever wonder what to do in Singapore? There's the national past time : mall walking... or you may consider something out of the ordinary like trail running :-) Anyway, I've been here for the past 16 years now. Going to the malls quickly became boring, especially when all the malls have the same store like Giordano, Bossini, etc.

I've tried rollerblading, rollerhockey, RC car racing (now that was fun! it took me 10 years before I got bored :-), football (got me through a year... that is until my knees gave way and I had to go for knee surgery), lately I have been doing Dragonboat paddling, Outrigger canoe paddling and mountain biking...

So! What do I show you today? Nope, not pictures of the flashfloods in Orchard Rd! Not the step by step Pro build of that gorgeous Tamiya FF03 I have been dreaming of (http://www.tamiya.com/english/products/58463ff03pro/index.htm). For today, I'll show some pics I took while cycling around the city.


Fort Canning! I normally cycle here at night... quite creepy here when it's dark. This used to be British fort that was used during WW2 ...
















One of the any cannons in Fort Canning. This cannon is actually pointing to ... Dhoby Ghaut (i think)
















Singapore skyline ....









I don't know the name of this place... It's beyond Clark Quay that's for sure. You just follow the PCN from Boat Quay, Clark Quay until you reach here.... the PCN 'ends' at River Valley ... but picks right up around Margaret Drive...















My favorite pic :-) Boat Quay





Well, that's all folks! I had to start from somewhere. I hope this initial post didn't suck as much as I thought it did :-)

I'll be covering varied topics in the future... I've taken pictures of my new Timberland trail running shoe. It's just that I haven't tested it at McRitchie Reservoir yet. So tune in for that one.

There might also be pics of old RC cars.. that is until I buy that FF03 I mentioned at the start.

There will be lots of pics of Dragonboat races, OC races, Mountain bike races and normal weekend trail rides... but I promise I will keep pics of people you don't know to a minimum :-)

See ya!

1 comment:

  1. nice post! i like it! i miss the night cycling. i miss cycling!!!

    ReplyDelete